Professional Photos Just an iPhone Away


One of the things I love about the movie Ratatouille is the message, "everyone can cook." Now if we change the word cook to take photos, then you would get my philosophy on life.

I haven't been taking photos very long, just a few years. I didn't start out great and the pictures I took were sub par. It angered me to see photographers on Instagram post their gorgeous pictures and brag in the caption about how it was a #nofilter shot.

It wasn't until I took this picture that I realized something very important.



Everyone can take professional photos. We walk around with a professional high-quality camera in our pockets. Most smartphones can take photos just as good as any DSLR could.

Now, I bet you are wondering how. You take photos on your iPhone all the time and they look bad. Well, that's why I started this blog. I want other students to know they don't' have to spend thousands of dollars on equipment and a nice camera to get a great shot. All it takes is a little knowledge of light, angle, background, and subject for you to get that #nofilter shot.

Why should you listen to me? I have taken photography for a couple years now, in high school as a student activities photographer for the yearbook and now I am a student photographer for the University Athletic Association at UF.  I get to take photos on the sideline of most games which means that picture you shared on Instagram of Ben Hill Griffin the other day was probably taken by me.



Comments